Friday, February 22, 2008

c a s h

RM xxx.

The 3 digit amount shows up on the ATM screen. No more, no less.

In case you're wondering who is this poor broke guy, look no more. It's me, the sadist who keeps ranting, ranting, and ranting about how frustrating is his job, how everything sucks around him, how everyone despise him, and how negatively he looks upon his life. And yes, he's still on with his scr*wed up job, which means he still has his monthly income.

You ask, "Where did all the cash went?". I'm sure people who don't know me well (which is,most of my friends) will say that I'm a crazy big @$$ spender and buys every single item which suits the eye, not the heart. Or maybe I have a girlfriend who shops everyday like there's no tomorrow and demands dinner at TGI Fridays every evening. Or even that I spend most on luxury food which is expensive but not so delicious.

As expected, none above is right.

I'm just an ordinary, young man who lives life as peacefully as those folks back in Terengganu. Yes, I can't help it but to refer back to the place I miss the most, and always miss. Terengganu, the east coast of Malaysia. Although living in a huge city like PJ/KL, where every single thing is so expensive, luxury and 'high-class', I live my life moderately with my small amount of monthly salary I obtained from my current lousy job. I don't 'yamcha' (means 'drink tea' in Cantonese) that often, I don't watch movie or sing K that often as well. Not to mention luxury dining or endless shopping sprees. I just go to work, 'yamcha' at a minimal scale, DotA'ing at home, and goes to sleep. Sometimes, I don't really understand where my cash goes. I would say, most of my pay goes to my car/bike petrol and food, but where does the rest of the cash go?

To tell the fact, I really, really miss Terengganu. Not only because of the peaceful and stress-free kind of life, but to tell you frankly, everything is so.....simple over there. No shopping malls, no cinemas, no karaoke 'Red Box' joints, no bowling centres. Just only a few beaches, several rows of shoplots and the best part is better traffic with less cars and inconsiderate drivers. Not too long ago, my dai kah cher suggested to me to continue doing my Masters back at my university, since I miss Terengganu that much. Yes, initially I've thought of that, but...the main reason I'm not doing that is because I wanted to work for a few years, gain some working experience before proceeding with my Masters. Moreover, I wouldn't have enough cash to pay for my Masters' studies now. Yes, I have thought of scholarships, loan & crap like that. But I just know myself too well. I'm not an A grade student, and I never, ever expect myself to get any scholarship. What's more, my parents are growing old as time passes and I don't want to put extra burden on them by throwing in a Masters' payment 'weight' on their table. And that is without the thought of buying a new car or even planning a new house for the future.

Haihz, seems like every single problem goes back to one single root.

Cash.

Now I finally understand why old people always say that money isn't easy to earn, but it's easy to lose. And this excludes gambling.

*haihz*

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I feel for you... :-(
I've once thought of robbing a bank and all problems will dissapear. Wanna plan together??

Anonymous said...

Friend,
There are a lot of FREE software or application you can found in internet to help you budget and keep track your expense.

I'm using AceMoney Lite, you can download it for free from here.

Other please
refer here

ps: this isn't an advertisement