Tuesday, November 11, 2008

l e s s o n

I have submitted my resignation letter this morning.


Finally.


After almost 3 months here in Ipoh, I've finally decided to let it go and face the cruel truth. Facing the truth that being here in Ipoh & in this work place is DEFINITELY not bringing me anywhere to success in my career nor guarantee me a secure place in L's mum mind. Talk about maturity at my age, hmm....


Now I finally understand why did both my parents didn't stop me from coming all the way from KL to Ipoh to work.

Now I finally understand why everyone's convincing & telling me the same, exact thing again & again that coming to work here in Ipoh will do no good.

Now I finally understand why L are not that happy although I'm already working in Ipoh & can get to see her so much more frequent than before.

.

..

...

I've finally learnt my lesson.


After submitting my resignation today, basically my last day of work will be on 25th November, which runs on a 2 weeks' notice. After that, where am I heading to? This question have been pondering inside my head for several weeks already before I made the final decision to call it quit on my current job. Will history repeats itself again after I resign from this job? Don't think so, just that the similar mentality of 'resigning-before-you-get-a-job' prevails in my head. Just in case you're wondering...


Yes.


I haven't get a job yet.


Not that I wanted to quit my current job without looking for a new one 1st, but quiting a job in Ipoh & going for interviews for a new job in KL / PJ sounds ridiculous, right?

Yeah right.

Will be returning to KL for good by end of this month, and will be back to active job-seeking mode by December...any vacancies for me?


I guess I've finally grown up after this lesson.


This journey isn't wasted.

3 comments:

Grace Koh said...

It's just like when we were small and we were told that the kettle is hot. We know it's hot and we shouldn't touch it but yet we are curious. We want to know how hot is hot so we touch the kettle and get our fingers burnt. But you know what? Now we know how hot it is and we are wise enough not to touch a hot kettle.

Same goes to your case so as long as you've learnt the lesson, it's never too late. Sometimes we need to go through processes and experiences to eventually realise whether it is the right path or not. People around you may already have gone through the processes and experiences that you've been through so they give you advices, which may not seem logic or reasonable to you when your mind is already set.

I'm sure you will get a job soon. If ever you need help, I believe my company still have got a few vacancies and I know one or two agents that may be of help to look for a job for you. Just drop me an email okay?

evelyn tea said...

Hi Jian, just dropping you a message just so you know I dropped by and read what happened.

Cheers, to another lesson learned, to another step forward in maturity and to another time of deep perspective.

All the best mate...

Anonymous said...

It happens to even the best of us, and I admire your candour in admitting what you have learned. Do send out your resumes to executive search agencies actively rather than simply applying for jobs that are posted. Quite often there are jobs that are filled internally without them ever getting circulated.

All the best!