Sunday, March 29, 2009

d i r e c t i o n


It's been almost 3 months since I last started this job of mine.


And....


I feel I'm going nowhere.


No sense of direction, like a lost child.


Ever since I started playing my REAL role for my job on January, I've already sense this coming. The feeling that this job isn't what I wanted to do in the 1st place. It's not that I'm hinting on another change of job (I'm kind of, through with switching jobs previously & I'm just plain lazy to find another one again). It's just that there is no more interest, no more satisfaction in this job. For now, it's just plainly working for cash, cash & nothing else. It's simply for the sake to earn a living.


Many reasons contribute to this factor that yes, I hate my job again. The whole, same old story repeats itself. Just that it comes in a different package this time. Yes, many factors. The main one, I have to say, is no interest in the job I'm doing. Besides that, crazy long working hours, unreasonable boss, repetitive & tedious work, & ridiculous project timelines contribute greatly to the demotivation process too. Oh yes, it's just so easy to write up a nice resignation letter, put it up on a nice envelope, write my boss's name on it, and pass it to him on the next working day. As easy as that.


However...


Thinking from a further perspective, quiting your job at the middle of an upcoming economic downturn is a bad move. REAL bad move. You can say bye bye to your company, but that doesn't guarantee you a better job at another company asap. As such, I've decided to stay put to this company (although the job is KILLING me by day) and come up with a different plan.


A plan to change my job role.


No, not transferring to another department. It's just an internal transfer within my own unit. And I really, really hope my boss will consider my decision throughly, because as time passes by, I began to hate my current job role deeper & deeper. It's kind of like, waking up every morning on a weekday, on a lousy mood telling you that "You need to continue your crappy job again today". And you know how sucky it is. But by doing this, not only I can still keep my job & primary source of income intact, but I can also change my job role to a better one. Maybe changing to an Implementor (who implements projects & conduct training for users) can make a great change.


I don't know. I really, really don't know.


Final decision comes from my boss. And the worst part is I don't know how, when & where should I start from?


Ohhh courage, come to me.


No comments: