Wednesday, July 27, 2011

s e r e n i t y -- Chapter 2



(Delayed post – Initially posted on 25/07/11, 9:46 PM, a resort in Lang Tengah Island, Terengganu)



This shall be the last chapter of well, the “island” part along my self-realization trip in Terengganu.



Time flies as we all know. Just that happier times fly faster than the speed of light, before you even notice it. And crappy, stressful, f**ked up times are miraculously longer to severely torture your spirits as always.



Yes, along these 2 short days of island stay, I’ve been relaxing a lot. But still, I felt that the amount of “relaxation” I’ve experienced this round is so much lesser as compared to my previous session back at the crappy resort at Pulau Kapas. Yes indeed, I have to admit, the resort back there at Kapas was so much crappier in every aspect, but still, I felt that my self-realization sessions back there were so much more effective. It’s the overall level of satisfaction, sense of accomplishment . . . . which are definitely missing from my self-realization in Lang Tengah island this round. Maybe it’s because of the large number of people here? Not really THAT large, in a sense. Besides the throng of Caucasians, French & Dutch along the resorts next door and behind my current resort, that is. But well, they are really friendly people who will actually take the effort to SMILE at even strangers like me (which many Malaysians fail miserably), chat and share experiences, not to mention the level of comfort you’ll get by just speaking casually to them. Gosh, now I know how bad we Malaysians speak to strangers.



But yeah, back to the topic of overall satisfaction.



What’s really missing from my self-realization this round? I don’t know, I really don’t know. Maybe I was overloaded with activities along my stay here? FYI, I’ve been doing massive snorkelling, kayaking, swimming & extensive nearby resorts’ side-seeing just for today. Hmmmm, might be possible. Coz this time, I felt that I have so much lesser time for myself to actually sit down, think, reminiscense, relax and start planning what lies ahead. Unlike my previous session, despite having massive snorkelling sessions in between, I still get to squeeze in some time to actually do some deep thoughts before deciding that “OK, I’m done here”. Maybe I should opt for a “Free & Easy” package the next time I do my self-realization sessions in Terengganu’s islands. Screw those snorkelling sessions.



The results so far after today?



Minimal self-realization results, met & made friends with a friendly couple from Sydney, Australia who are currently undergoing some freaking serious sh*t “Visit Malaysia” planning (they will be here up to Wednesday, & then going to Pulau Perhentian, Taman Negara and Penang in the next 2 weeks!), got closer to my friendly “personal” island tour guide – Mr Mahathir (yes, similar name with our country’s ex-premier), and interesting topics discussion with the current resort’s caretaker/manager – Pak Long (as how everyone address him here). Some amazing 61 year old police retiree with 2 wives and the youngest daughter at 11 months. Yes, you read that right. 11 MONTHS OLD DAUGHTER. WTF ??!



Ok let’s not emphasis anymore on other people’s lives.



To cut a long story short, I’ll be up early again tomorrow and hopefully I can get myself a really feasible, workable self-realization session before I leave this island to return to mainland & back to the place I once and always miss so, so much.



KUALA TERENGGANU, here I come.

 


Please wait for me.



No comments: