Friday, August 22, 2008

j o b___f a t i g u e

Just got back from interviews at Seri Kembangan (Selangor), Section 14 (PJ), Dataran Prima (PJ) and Wisma HLA (KL) in 1 day. Imagine the fatigue.


PRICELESS.


It's been several weeks since I actively start looking for a job, which explains the delay of this post. Tell you something; I've been going through lots of interviews these days until I'm crazy tired. And suffering from severe fatigue and minor fever as well (as it rained 3 days in a row as I was riding my bike to the interview's place).


Haihz....


During the past few weeks, I've went to several interviews (most of them are in Ipoh) as all the jobs I've applied is based on the location Perak or Ipoh. But then, the 'weird' part is jobs from KL & PJ are LOOKING for me at the same time. What, jobs 'looking' for people? No, you didn't read that wrongly; it's true. During the duration of time while I was in Ipoh for my interviews, several KL / PJ human resource companies, recruitment companies, & even multi-national companies called me up for interviews at KL / PJ. As I 'try' my best to be polite and not waste such opportunities, I declined most of the recruitment companies in KL except for one single recruitment company & multi-national companies in KL (well, who would reject offers from companies such as Astro or even Exxon Mobil?) . Well, nothing fancy about the one & only recruitment company, it's just the way this person speak interests me. Now I finally understand what do people mean by good communication skills.

Which means basically I'm like some sales person who keeps going up and down, to Ipoh, back to PJ, to Ipoh again, blabla, yada yada. And this is really tiring me off. I'm tired. So tired. Frankly speaking, at times I really thought of giving up looking for jobs in Ipoh and just continue looking for jobs 100% in KL / PJ for good. But the thing kept hanging around in my mind, reminding me : 'Don't give up yet, there is still so much more to accomplish'.


And that is exactly what keeps me running.


I'll be going back to Ipoh tomorrow for an interview next Monday. Wish me luck, friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just my suggestion, maybe you should tell the KL\PJ company that you need time to consider instead of direct reject the offer. The "leceh" part is you need to call back to tell them your decision.

You can call the company in Ipoh, ask them when can you get the confirmation or employment offer letter. You can said you get offer from other company but you prefer to work in Ipoh and other company request you make decision a.s.a.p