Thursday, July 31, 2008

j o b___h u n t

Since I got back home after my previous post, I was carrying this heavy emotional 'luggage' around me. It's like a time bomb wrapped around me,waiting for a time to explode and destroy me once and for all. It sure feels 'heavy' carrying this luggage, yet it still lingers around me regardless of how hard I want myself to leave it aside.

This dilemma aside, next one up.


Next one?


.


..


...


Yes, there IS another one.


Ever since I graduated last year from my university in Terengganu, I kept telling myself to get a decent job in either PJ or KL. Prefebably PJ as it's much nearer to home. Apparently, I stick to the rule, and landed myself a job in PJ which I REALLY don't enjoy. Yet, it lasted for almost a year before I finally took the plunge to 'fire' my boss and get the h*ll out of the company before I drive myself insane. After that...well, I took a long vacation to several places in Malaysia before finally ending the final vacation with a sad note.


Now...


It's back to reality. And we all know how reality hurts.


And it's really going to be hard, because we humans tend to laze off after going through some really long vacation. This does not worry me much though, as I will still need to work in the end. It's just a matter of time before the lazy effect goes off. And that's not all. My latest job hunt plan received criticism everywhere, from everyone I know. Wondering why is this happening?


Because...


Instead of job hunting in the preferred areas of PJ, KL or even considering the highly prospectful Singapore, I opt to go for job hunting in Ipoh. To friends who know well of the job market in Malaysia, they will definitely hit me with a very simple question, which sounds like 'What the heck are you job hunting in a small town like Ipoh when you are originally from a huge city like KL? You can easily get better jobs over here!'

The 'hidden' answer lies here.

This may sound childish to some, but there is one thing I vowed to fight all the way till the end.

I will prove it to you one day that I'm a capable and good person, although not perfect, but all the way to the best, 'Mrs Chan'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to be very rational and ask you to get a job in KL instead of in Ipoh IF you really want to prove your worth.

You make MORE money FASTER in KL, than in a slow-paced city like Ipoh. You get MORE experience in a SHORTER time if you worked and stayed in KL.

I know what Ipoh is like. It's slow. It's safe. It's calm. It's good. It's comfortable.

But trust me, IF you want to prove your worth, you don't want to be in your comfort zone for too long.

And, GOOD LUCK :D