Tuesday, July 08, 2008

q u e s t i o n s

I just reached back home 12am this morning, after finally settling everything over at my colleague's hometown. Basically I've completed everything I need to do over there, just that his cybercafe still cannot open yet because those TMNet people are taking ages to setup his Internet connection. What's a cybercafe without Internet connection? Haihz...


And you know what?


I didn't charge him a single sen for my consulting services.


Yes, I may sound a little stupid and id*ot for not charging him anything for all those things I've done for his cybercafe. Maybe it's because he is the one providing all the transport, food, & accommodation for me while I'm there. Maybe I feel that I should not charge him because along the process of setting up his cybercafe, I learnt a lot of new things I've never known before this. Maybe I always keep in mind that this is a 'fully sponsored vacation' instead of a consulting service for an ex-colleague. I don't know. I really don't know.


While I sleep at my bed this morning, I kept thinking of this move I've took. Why did I not charge him for my services? Why am I so stupid? My funds are running out real soon already, why am I not just being money-minded, thick-faced for a second and ask him for payment for my services?


.

..

...


Questions, questions, and more questions.


Now, I already stop thinking about all this. Just stop thinking of charging him anything; it's actually a 2-way beneficial campaign. He gets what he wants for his cybercafe, I get what I want for knowledge (and not money). Somehow, I feel much better and enlightened this way.


Anyway...


I'll be leaving again to the final vacation place before I officially, actively, look for a job to refill my funds, and the final trip will begin this Thursday and most probably will be the longest trip I've taken as compared to the previous ones. As of then, I'll need to chill a lil' for now.


More rest, then packing...again.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How long you will stay in KT? Attending convo?

Anyway, good luck in your job hunt.