Wednesday, July 23, 2008

r e t u r n

It's been a while since I last update my blog due to my trip to Terengganu, as I do not have a laptop which I can bring over here for my daily online dosage. Instead, I'm currently using my junior's laptop, in which I can use moderately and with much consideration.


Anyway...


While I was browsing through my friend's blog on my blogroll, I read about this on Eve's blog. The only response after reading this post is that I feel the exact same thing Eve was feeling at that particular moment. It's like an autobiography; an expression of my own personal feelings all poured out on words. Well, minus the job part and the crucial part of letting go all the memories left behind while she's still in Terengganu.


Though I'm a sadist, but I'm also an 'occasional' emotional person. Only at times like this, such as when I return to a place I love so much, will I suddenly have the emotional surge. Out of nowhere. Sounds creepy, but sometimes I feel scared at myself for this.


It's been almost a year already since I graduated from my university, yet the memories of my university life still overshadow me for the whole duration while I'm in KL, working and struggling with my first, screwed-up job. Everytime when I've thought of something stupid and crazy due to the consequences of work pressure and other similar factors, once I refresh myself of the short-lived happy moments I had in Terengganu, the beaches in Terengganu, the tranquillity and the silence of this wonderful place, everything I had in mind will be solved...for that moment. Somehow, I feel that this is the main reason on why am I always being overshadowed by my love for Terengganu.


I have many friends who kept asking the exact same question, again & again. 'Why do you like Terengganu so much? It's a bl**dy village-like place with no development and no future prospects for a job!' Well, seriously speaking, I myself have run out of saliva to answer this question, again & again, again & again, regardless of whether it's coming out from the mouth of a family member, relative, or a friend. I love Terengganu as this is the only place I can find eternal silence without disturbance, places without noise, motorcycles without traffic jams, patient people without bad manners and most importantly, finding peace within myself.


Once I stepped foot back on Terengganu 2 weeks ago (and I'm still here, right now), I feel bliss. It felt like returning home to a place I'm so close with. Familiar buildings around Kuala Terengganu town is around me while I'm on my way to the KT Bus Station. Faces of locals spread throughout the place I love so much. As I was returning to my junior's place, I noticed a new building; the Terengganu Sports Complex which was build in conjunction with the Malaysian Sports (SUKMA) 2008 event, which previously ended early June. Overall, I feel so happy coming back 'home'.


However...


As I always believe, joy is short-lived; sorrow is eternal. And so is this trip of mine back to Terengganu. After returning here for several days, I felt a significant difference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The familiar warmth of this place,
Have faded away as my coursemates and companions are already not here,

The familiar sights of buildings & supermarkets,
Have been overshadowed by newer and nicer ones,

The familiar Mobil petrol station I used to frequent,
Have been closed down due to unknown reasons,

The familiar sound of my motorcycle,
Have faded as it's not here,

The familiar faces I still remember,
Have faded with silence and uncertainty,

And most importantly,

The Terengganu I've loved and cherish,
Is slowly experiencing major changes which I will not like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll be leaving to Ipoh this Friday, hence the end of my final vacation and the return to reality. As I look back to the days I had in Terengganu for the past 3 years, I began to feel sad and tears began rolling down the cheeks of a man who is not suppose to roll tears at all.

"Now, I am a visitor, not a resident".

Yes, Eve. We are no longer residents of Terengganu.

Guess I'll be leaving this place with a heavy heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I know how that feels like :D

But please find time to visit KT again whenever I am there, I bet you would feel like you've never left :D

And, enjoy yourself in Ipoh! I miss all my chee cheong fun, white coffee, nga choi kai!

evelyn tea said...

Oh gosh... I hope you did not pick up this emo-ness from me..! (msot likely guilty since my name is found more than once between those lines..)

But I think it is a good thing for me - at least I can now say that I have moved on from there- for better times ahead. I hope you can say the same too - with an open heart :)