Sunday, September 14, 2008

l o v e ?

I got the job.


FINALLY.


After such a LONGGGGGG wait for the reply from the company's HR department, I got the job finally. And too many things happened in a flash, even before me myself realize it. As I'm typing this post, I have already...

- Got myself a room to rent in Ipoh Garden.
- Most of my stuffs brought over, except for my bulky PC (I'm using my dad's laptop over here)
- In the same house with a weird and unmarried aunty who really LOVES talking. And I mean REALLY.
- Shifted both my bike and car over.


As today ends, which coincidentally ends the Mooncake Festival celebrated by Chinese, my working life starts...again, as I'll be starting work tomorrow (15th September). It's been sometime already since I last felt like this, 4 months since the last job to be exact. The feeling of working...the pressure, the pain, the fatigue, and not forgetting, the salary. And notice that there's no JOY in the list; I'm never happy with any of my jobs before, just pain, fatigue, and suffering all the way. I'm not as lucky as you, Eve.


Besides the job part, there's this part of emotions. My relationship with my girlfriend, L.


I know I have never mentioned anything about her before, here in my blog. But this is unavoidable, as everytime I encounter any problems or nonsense with her, we will get through it very quickly, no hassle, no fuss. However...


This time is different.


Which basically explains why is she appearing in this blog out of the blue.


To cut a long winded story short, it's all my fault. Girls like their boyfriends / husband to be VERY understanding and psychic. And I really mean it on the words UNDERSTANDING, and also PSYCHIC. You ask why? Because girls want their guy to always know what they want even without them telling the guy straight on the face. And also they want the guys to know what are they thinking by just looking at their face expression or some sort like that. Now tell me, how do you train myself in this aspect if you were the guy? Open ended question, no sex restrictions (girls allowed to answer as well), please answer in the comments section. I really need suggestions to this, which eventually will assist in this problem I'm facing now.


Anyway, I've told her before that the main reason I'm weak in this aspect is because :

- I'm English educated.
- I'm brought up this way.
- I'm not a psychic, just some ordinary human.


The rating from her?


BAD.


REAL BAD.


Because...


- English educated does not mean that you can't be more understanding and able to interprete others' facial expressions. She told me that she have friends who are English educated, but still possess the characteristics mentioned. Besides, by answering this means that you're throwing the whole d*mn bl**dy mistake on ALL English educated people, and you're really asking for it. Bad answer, really.


- This answer prove to be very true, because I am, indeed, brought up this way by my parents. Not understanding, bl**dy selfish id*ot, always ignore other people's facial expressions, never realise when I spoke something offending and continue talking about that, and always implementing the "When I'm happy, you're happy too" concept wherever I go. And these lousy habits really have to change or else I'll just lose L. Habits' change or L? Take your pick. NOW. And I'm very sure of my own answer.


- The answer that basically kills me off instantly and made me lose the "war". Not many people in this world are psychics, and I believe I'm not one, either. And she believes me on this. Just that she insist that "You wouldn't need to be a psychic to understanding what I'm thinking". And off it goes. All those "You don't understand me" nonsense. And when I try to ask something that I don't really understand from her, she'll counter me with a "I'm so tired when talking to you. Haih..." WTF. Period.


Sometimes, I really don't understand what girls are thinking. I have to agree with something I heard from my friend a long time ago that girls are like time bombs. If not treated carefully, off it goes and there goes your life. If treated carefully, it might just hold off until the "master bomb detonator" comes and "fix the bomb", which is, in this case, the "marriage registrar" and "marriage". Sometimes I really wonder, how do those people who get married can be so loving all the way until they're old and shaggy? Maybe I'm not in the position to judge how "wonderful" and how "grateful" love is, but I have to really respect and salute these people. The truth is, although ugly, there's a very, very little chance or almost none at all that one will find his / her true love in their life. No such thing as Cinderella or some Prince Charming thing happening in this age, unless you're obsessed with Disney cartoons or the film 'Enchanted'.


Reality sucks, money pollutes everything and everyone, and the world is already in darkness just in case you didn't notice.


I hate my life.


Enough ranting. As there's no Internet connection in my rented house, I need to go online outside at cafe's with WiFi. And I'll need to get back home now to get enough rest for the 1st day of work tomorrow.


All the best, LYJ.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across an advice that sounds like this:

"You don't change the man you marry, you accept him."

And I think it applies to women too.

Anonymous said...

You're staying in Ipoh Garden? Tadaa! Next time when I am back in Ipoh, we go yumcha, ok? Don't worry, jie will pay the bill (=

Happy working (=

evelyn tea said...

maybe you might want to talk to andrew about this. we often encounter issues like these between us and somehow he just managed to get his head around it.

not like he had the fix-it-once-and-for-all answers to this but that was how we grow with each other and how we understand and learn about one another.

at the end of the day - it is all about giving it another chance.

all the best LYJ.