Monday, October 05, 2009

d e m o r a l i z e d


In case you're wondering, yes. This post is the continuation of this, in which I mentioned that I was severely demotivated.


Worse still....


It has come to a "critical" stage when I feel totally demoralized.


Seriously, I feel like a zombie lying around the office, rotting & rotting, waiting helplessly for his last day of service to arrive & save his soul. It's such a torture, having time to crawl slowly by, looking around an almost empty office. Yes, even at times, I can be seen prying around the office windows, wondering when can I finally achieve the dream career I've longed & everlasting freedom I've desired.


Since the day I've submitted my resignation letter for my current job, several of my other colleagues' followed my footsteps. Ermm ok, resigning from your current job somehow doesn't fancy a trend or something, but it do feels kind of weird having a bunch of people tendering their resignation on the same timing as yours. What's more, most of them have such a shorter notice period than me !! (due to the fact that they're not confirmed staff yet, they are merely entitled to a 2 weeks' notice instead of a lengthy, ridiculously 3 months' notice !)


To me, having people to leave the company isn't any big deal. It merely proves that either that specific staff or the management has some serious issues. But having a bunch of people who leave the company in such a short period of time before my own last day of service arrives......ARGHHHH !!!!


Ohhh yes, it's THAT bad.


It feels like having a bunch of id**t skinny guys munching juicy, delicious-looking burgers while looking, pointing & laughing at me, who coincidentally was on diet during that very time. Sometimes you just feel like going straight to these id**ts, grab a nice looking baseball bat, & wh**p their heads up the sky (sorry for the violence).


Nevertheless, what has happened will happen eventually, so there's no stopping that. Today, I witness one of my closest colleagues in work, leaving the office after serving his last day of service. Even as he is leaving, I can feel the joyful & spiritually happy mood that he possess when he step his foot out of the office. It's as if he was in heaven or something. Well, in heaven doesn't mean that he's dead, it simply shows that he is just too happy; not even words could explain how he felt today.


And come tomorrow, another one will leave the office......in that exact similar mood, I suppose.


Now I wonder when will my turn FINALLY arrive.


Ohhh time, please do not be so cruel.


2 comments:

Grace Koh said...

Think of the better things, say your new job...then maybe you would feel better.

Thing000 said...

Time punishes us all friend, but some it punishes more than others, "sigh", good luck with time and be one with him.