Saturday, April 05, 2008

l e t t e r

Finally...

.

..

...


The letter has been handed.

And the same thing happens for my colleague, which means two resignations in one, nice Friday. 2 resignations in a tiny company of 5 people. Imagine how bad is that. I'm sure both my bosses went cuckoo over this, but somehow I heard from them yesterday evening that they managed to convince my colleague to take a nice, long, 1 month's leave and return to work on June. Does that mean that my colleague is pulling back his resignation after much convincing from both of my bosses? I don't know. I really don't know.


But there's one thing I really, really know.


I've already handed over my resignation letter, my boss already accepted it, and my last day of work is 31st May 2008. Feeling weird bout the delayed last day of work? Officially, most companies will need a 1 month's notice for resignation of an employee. Since my bosses said that it's gonna be 'so-d*mn-hard' to look for someone else to take over my job, I've promised them to work for another extra 1 month just to cater for this. Talk about good impression.

Thanks a million to all who had dropped words of encouragement and advice on my blog regarding this job dilemma of mine. I really, really appreciate every single advice and idea that came to me. Special thanks goes to dai kah cher, Pelfy, Grace and Eve. It's quite pleasing to have friends like all of you to share this serious problem with me which has been lingering around my head for almost half a year already. Not forgetting the one and most important person in my life, in which I'm not going to elaborate further on this or it'll become an 'emotional kao-kao' ('kao-kao' means overloading in casual Cantonese) post for a weirdo negative-minded freak like me.

OMG...this post is already beginning to overload.

One last thing...


I'm a free man!



4 comments:

Grace Koh said...

You are too kind to work for them for another 1 month. But otherwise, I think you made the right move of quitting and looking for a better opportunity. I just got back from Jobstreet's career fair in Mid Valley, dumped a few resumes here and there. :)

evelyn tea said...

At last...! Breathe the free air my good friend :)

Hey, sorry for the delay to respond on going back to KT, things cropped up unexpectedly and I cannot leave. In fact that week was also the week which I was supposed to go to Sipadan with my coursemates (which I called off too). But I definitely hope that you will find a new and refreshing perspective in this phase.

I'm really hoping that you'd tune back to how I knew you back then, the good ol' Jian I used to know well. After graduation, there weren't any chance to meet with you except from making out the ideas of how you have been through your blog and occasionally from the emails. But of course, that one was the Jian which is the author of the blog entitled "DARKNESS"...

Anyways, here is wishing you the best of the best in your next endeavor! Cheering you on! Andrew and I... :)

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! New job = better life = better pay = can treat me lunch buffet at J.W. Marriott dii. YaY!! YaY!!

Anonymous said...

What is your plan after 31-May-2008?