Friday, February 12, 2010

c n y

Random Chinese New Year decoration at Mid Valley Megamall, KL.


DISCLAIMER : This post might sound offending to certain parties. As such, my deepest apologies if I either directly or unintentionally said something inappropriate. So sorry, it's merely words from the heart.


The time of the year comes again.


Yet another over-rated Chinese event. And coincidentally, Valentine's Day falls on the exact same day as the 1st day of the Chinese lunar calendar.


This year....


I'll not be celebrating both Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day on a high scale. The former will be merely passed on with no temple visiting whatsoever (as always), while the latter have to be substituted by the company of my good ol' friend, Loneliness due to the absence of L. Well, at least she's still my friend now.


Miss P, I'm not as tough and optimistic in life like what you always do for conservation, as you.


Miss G, I don't have strong self-confidence and positivity to get on with life, as you.


Miss E, I don't have many friends, strong faith and bonding with Him, as you.


I just want to be alone.


All alone.


No one to bother and disturb my deep thoughts.

And let the sorrow swallow me whole.



From there, I will be whole again.


3 comments:

pelf said...

Before you say you're not going to celebrate anything, I;d like to share something with you.

One of my girlfriends' younger brother passed away 2 days ago, a few days short of the New Year. He was (probably) 26. It was so unexpected even I thought it was so so cruel (though I don't really know him). I am sure he bought his CNY clothes and shoes.

I am sure he made arrangements to meet his friends during CNY. I am sure there were a lot of things that he was looking forward to. But unfortunately, somebody up there loves him more.

The thing is, life is short. So very short. So why not spend it happily, with close friends and family instead or thinking about the past or whatever events that cannot be undone? Wht spend so much time grieving when in fact, the right thing to do is to move on?

Think about it.

Happy New Year to you :D

Grace Koh said...

Your world will be dark and gloomy only if you allow it to and think of it to become.

We all have our own sets of problems to deal with every single day, whether they are minor or major. What's important is we do not lose hope. Try to be positive and it will attract good things into your life. The past will be the past so why waste time thinking and stressing over it? Unless you can tell me what you would benefit from it.

Should you still choose to be alone this festive season, at least occupy yourself with happy thoughts. Be kind to yourself. Be thankful that you still have the opportunity to celebrate with your family and friends.

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

evelyn tea said...

Hey hey, Miss E is here ;)

You free on weekends? Please keep your calendar free this mid of March, preferably Saturday. Will keep you posted!