Tuesday, October 19, 2010

o f f e r e d



 The decision has finally been made.



.

....

......

I took up the offer.
 
 
 
And they invited me to go over for medical check-up this coming Friday, and then to sign and take up the offer letter.


Ohh, how things fly, ehh? It has been less than a month since I last joked with my ex-boss regarding this opening in her department, and now I'm right in the beginning of the road to continue working with my ex-boss in a new environment. Sounds weird? Kind of. Sounds foolish? Not. Sounds cliche? Hell yeah.


Now that I can finally make up my mind on this complicated matter, what's next is to deal with the excessive "sudden surge" of emotions running up my head. It's just . . . . . just this weird feeling I felt, right after the new company's HR people called me up earlier this noon to confirm on my medical check-up appointment. I felt a sense of . . . . . sorrow. In fact, this is the 1st time, ever, that I feel this way before changing jobs. Every time before I change jobs, I felt ridiculously overjoyed. Happy. Exaggerated joy. Tears of joy flowing on and on. But this time . . . . . . there was no such feeling. No sense of happiness. Joy. No tears, not even a single tear of joy shed. Even with the 30% salary increment perception up my head, the sense of accomplishment, the sense of joy in improving my current salary, my feelings deep inside never cease to come up with a tiny bit of joy. It's just . . . . just like another ordinary day. Just like another Monday up ahead.


Maybe it's because I currently have the best boss . . . . ever. (note the word : EVER). Well, maybe her characteristics and attitude that made her the best boss ever with such a decent physical outlook, a sweet voice, a pleasant and soft attitude, a caring boss, a boss that never scolded me before during my entire tenure with this company, a boss who is more like a friend than a superior when it comes to ordinary chat, and most importantly, a very nice boss to work with. But maybe the one and only one weakness that this boss of mine have, which determines my upcoming, future career path, made me rethink the decision to stay on with my current company and continue to provide my services. Due to her soft attitude, she may be a very pleasant boss to work with, but when it comes to decision making, staff management and issue reporting - in other words, "cruel" corporate management - she is way too far behind as compared to her more aggressive counterparts. Summary wise, it simply means a boss with excellent personality doesn't always play as a productive superior at work. Well, no one is perfect, totally understandable. But for the sake of my future career, I have no choice but to just bid my current boss farewell. Guess both money and opportunity are calling me out from the other side. But still, I'll still remember this boss of mine as a very good friend; in fact, a pleasant person to be friends with.

And not forgetting, the people in this company. Despite me only serving almost a year of service here, I have met, see, talked and known quite a number of people. Tall, short, old, young, friendly, cocky, you name it, we have it. I have seen new guys join the company and left, I have seen long serving staff "forcing" themselves to work happily day by day, I have seen my colleagues ranting about the amount of work they have, I have seen friends grumbling about how unorganized was the whole process in the company, and lots more other things I have never seen in my previous companies. Yes, this company is truly a company comprised of different people with different background working together. In fact, I can say that this company has all the main characteristics of a retiring home. Not to condemn this company of mine, but yes, true enough, this company will be the place I want to be for my last job ever before retiring. Everything seems to be slow and steady here; everyone just mind their own business, life goes on day by day, and before you know it, it's retirement day. Nice to be, nice to have, nice to enjoy. Ask for no more. Who knows, I might return to this place again in the future when all I needed was just a company with all the peace and quiet in one place ? With fingers crossed, who knows ?

As for now, it's best for me to start counting on my official last day in this company, so that I can at least inform the new company on my start date to be typed onto the offer letter.


For my friends who are currently reading this,


Please wish me luck, despite me not believing in luck. I take that as a sign of good omen for better things to come.




I sincerely hope that this decision be the right one.








No comments: