Sunday, January 06, 2008

t e r e n g g a n u

As most of us would have known by now, Kuala Terengganu is now declared a city. Actually,I got this news from my dai kah cher's blog post, as I don't really fancy reading newspaper (simply...lazy).

This morning, my dad told me that Kuala Terengganu is featured in today's The Star's Metro (6th January 2008) pull-out. I quickly flipped over to the centre page of the pull-out and.....there it is. Images of major scenic spots around Kuala Terengganu scattered across the centre pages of the pull-out. Words which are familiar with me, like Seberang Takir, Masjid Terapung, ChinaTown, Pasar Payang, Batu Buruk beach, appearing again like magical stardust from space. Looking at the pictures made me miss Terengganu even more; I miss the scenery, I miss the tranquility, I miss the peace, I miss the beaches, and most importantly....

.

..

...

I miss my stress-free life over there.


How much I enjoyed myself over there. How much I took my own sweet time to accomplish my assignments (no matter how urgent it was). How much I miss the no-traffic-jam, less-cars-but-more-bikes,not-wearing-motorbike-helmet on the roads. How much I miss the keropok lekor (especially keropok losong). How much I miss going to lectures late. How much I miss riding 120 km/h on my faithful JRD motorbike to rush for a late lecture. How much I enjoyed having KFC or Pizza Hut on a nice Friday/Saturday 'weekend'. How much I enjoyed going to Mydin Mall to shop for crazy amount of groceries like a housewife. How much I missed fixing our house's modem-router whenever it went cuckoo/can't go online/network slow (do you still remember, dai kah cher?) How much I miss celebrating friend's (& housemates') birthdays with Sweden's Cake House cakes. How much I miss washing TONS of my clothes on our faithful washing machine & letting it to dry outside the house, while praying hard it won't rain out of the blue. How much I miss stuffing endless stock of Vitagens into the fridge .

Haihz.

I miss my life back at Terengganu.

Someone return this life to me.

OMG, I'm in tears now. Damn...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In case you don't know, you can always come back to KT to do your MSc :D

Hazel Cheah said...

hehe.. come bek for our course nite lor~ we are inviting u~ but the date not yet be conformed.. inform u when the date is fixed..k?