Thursday, May 01, 2008

m a y

Today is 1st May, a public holiday in Malaysia, in conjunction with Labour's Day.


And as expected, I'm at home right now.


Officially, I have another 30 more days to end the days of torture and suffering in my job. In case you're wondering usage of the words 'torture' and 'suffering' is exaggerating, wait till you see my working hours for the past few days.


Monday = 9am - 10.30pm
Tuesday = 9am - 10.50pm
Wednesday = 9am - 11.10pm


Yes, I know, I know. People around me will say, "Hey, what do you expect? You're a fresh grad/young man, you can take all those long hours of work!" But let me tell you this, I'm a normal human like you, regardless of age and gender, I still need to balance out my work, rest and leisure time. This crazy streak of long working hours is definitely out of bounds; one of my bosses's wife just gave birth the last few days, and the one and only colleague in my company just got through his last day of work yesterday. Combine that two situations, and what's left is the extra burden of 2 person's job into 1 person, and coincidentally that 1 person is me. And tell you something, this extra working hours' streak is not forced by my boss or something; my work is definitely too much to handle and I'll just need that extra few hours to finish up all those crap.


Gosh, I can't wait for the 30 days to pass me by.


And I mean it, real bad.

No comments: