Sunday, September 20, 2009

h e l m e t

My helmet's visor broke off.....poor chap.



This post is specially dedicated to my motorbike's helmet. Yes, it's an ordinary motorbike's helmet, nothing fancy; no more, no less. Today, on this rainy day,


It saved my life.


Oh yes, u read that right. If it was not for him, most probably my head will break, bleed like no one’s business & I won’t even have the chance to blog about this incident now. Or wait, I should rephase this as
THE ACCIDENT.

Do take a look at my motorbike’s current condition.


My dear motorbike……severely damaged due to the accident.


Another view of my motorbike….yes it’s THAT bad.

Yes, I got involved in an accident. With my motorbike. On a rainy day. And it just happened early afternoon today. Thank God I’m still in 1 piece, no severe damage to myself except for a strained pelvic backbone & some cuts here & there. The main reason I’m blogging about this right now instead of going to the clinic or hospital for a checkup, so that I can still explain in detail what happened back there throughout the whole accident.


Here goes….


I just finished having lunch with my work colleagues at SS2, & was heading back home on my motorbike. After passing through the Section 14 interjunction, it began raining heavily. Although I have a raincoat with me inside my motorbike’s seat, I was too lazy to use it as it’s close to home already. As it was raining heavily & I’m with no raincoat, I began to lower my speed & started “rolling” slowly. When I pass by a junction, a STUPID ID**T MOTHER F**KER MPV ( please pardon my language, this is just unavoidable ! ) rushed out of the junction as if it’s his father’s road & overtook my lane without any signal lights & going on high speed. When I began to notice the danger ahead, I quickly hit all my brakes with all the b*lls I have or else I’ll become some wet sandwich between motorbike & some id**t MPV.


*screeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh* BLAM !!!


Oh my God. The next thing I know, I got a brief blackout, looking up the skies, & lying down on the road. As I was slowly recovering my sight & my steps, I saw the MPV speeding off quickly & dissappeared from my sight. And I was left lying there, with all the dizziness & headache, & my backbone hurts so bad. Luckily during that time, there was this off-duty policeman who just happen to ride his motorbike & witnessed the accident. This good hearted man helped me up, lifted my severely damaged motorbike to the side of the street, & temporarily directed the current traffic. As I was slowly recovering my senses to realise what really happened in that brink of second, the guy came over & asked me “Dik, you ok tak?” (in Bahasa Malaysia, it means “Brother, are you ok?”) As I was already standing & doing fine, I told him I’m ok & manage to get home by myself as I live nearby. After that, the guy left with his motorbike & traffic resumes as usual.


Now here comes the best part.


How the heck am I suppose to get back home with all these damage?


Good question. And with my severely damaged motorbike, it still manage to operate as usual ! Well, despite the broken covers & damaged circuits. And with that, I rode my damaged motorbike back home, while drawing much attention from the crowd everywhere. After that, yes, I manage to get home safely. Then, continue with my daily tasks for the day up to now. And now….posting this up on my blog before I lose my senses.


Ok, I’m done posting. Now, off to the hospital for a brief checkup for any internal bleeding, as my head still experiencing that disturbing dizziness since that accident.


Wish me good luck, friends.


Latest update (as at 11:46pm, 20-09-09) :
Just got back from the hospital, did a body checkup & brain scan for any internal bleeding, so far no major damage anywhere. Will need to return to hospital for follow-up next Wednesday. Gosh !

4 comments:

Grace Koh said...

Good that you are safe! phew

Dai Kah Jeh said...

OMG. Hit and run! The driver of the MPV should be put into jail for causing hurt onto others and not even stopping to help!

But I'm glad you're OK.

evelyn tea said...

Thank God you are okay and that there are no serious injuries. Please continue to monitor your condition, if you are still dizzy or if you notice anything funny, please go see the doctor.

I'm sure that MPV fella saw what he/she did to you... and I'm sure that shameful guilt of running away from the scene will haunt them for a long time and teach them a good lesson not to do that again.

But beyond that, thank God for His protection over you that day.. take care and get well soon.

Thing000 said...

The MPV is a F***king a**hole, HAHA, mmm, coffe's worn off now Damn...need more caffine...ASAP.