Wednesday, February 06, 2008

e m p t y.....c n y

Just finished having my Chinese New Year eve reunion dinner with my family. And straight away, right after that, I switched on my PC and off I go, typing away this blog post, fresh, and straight from the "oven" of heart.

Moments ago, while I was munching away the food on the table, I felt something weird.

Something I've never, ever, feel before during the 23 years of my existence in this world.


I feel...


A weird feeling...


An unexplainable phenomenon...


Something known as...



Emptiness.


Just in case you're wondering that, no. I'm not going cuckoo or experience any mental disorder, nor I do not have any case of dissatisfaction towards anyone in my family.

I just feel...

This isn't the same "post-Chinese New Year" feeling I had when I was still a little boy.

This isn't the same environment where I would sit down happily to enjoy the much awaited Chinese New Year eve reunion dinner with my family members.

This isn't the time I rejoice over the arrival of the lunar new year.

This isn't the second happiest moment of the year after my birthday.

This isn't the time when my faith towards God is at its peak.

Instead...

I just feel that Chinese New Year is turning to be "another public holiday celebrated by all Chinese". Alike Christmas, I felt that Chinese New Year is losing its meaning as the flow of time flies past us.

D*mn.

'Nuff with this mindless ranting. Before I forget, I want to sincerely wish all my blog readers a very Happy Chinese New Year and may all your dreams come true. Oh wait! I'm not those type of people who wishes people luck, so let me rephrase my previous statement.

Happy Chinese New Year to all my blog readers and yes, dreams don't come true as easy as ABC nor it can just drop from the sky to your lap. Fight hard for it, and good returns will await you at the finishing line.

How bout that?

Enjoy your Chinese New Year, people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!

evelyn tea said...

Yo.. the Jian who walks away after eating a plate of mee goreng without paying...Happy Chinese New Year!
(Now that is style... cheerzz!)