Sunday, March 02, 2008

e l e c t i o n

DISCLAIMER : This post is just a piece of mind from me. It has nothing to do with whatever political party, person or organization. I’m not supporting or promoting any side on this matter, and simply hope that our country will become a better place to live in.


The general election is scheduled on this coming Saturday, 8th March.

Many people will ask, what’s the big deal?

To tell the fact, actually, I know there are a lot (and I mean, a lot) of Malaysians out there who doesn’t give a d*mn about voting or casting their vote for the election. Life still goes on as usual, people will still have to work, kids will still have to go to school, and life is still as crap as ever for me. My neighbor, a 78 year old aunty, had gone for voting for only 3 times in her whole life. Beat that.


You ask, how about me?


Me?


I’m an officially registered voter. But I won’t say that I’m a responsible citizen. I’m merely enforcing the right given to me to vote for the next upcoming government. Frankly speaking, I do not have any single idea on voting for which particular party during this general election. But I always keep the quote that my dad told me before.


Vote not for the party, vote not for the person, but vote for a better future.


Thoughtful? Definitely.


Come to think of it, yesterday, a friend of mine told me to check out this youtube video. Initially, I thought to myself, what is this video about? I wonder…. When I browse to that particular site, it is actually a video done by the Youth 4 Change people about how we are ‘supposed’ to change our lifestyle as every single necessity around us is gaining severe inflation.


After watching the video and having a good laugh, I hopped to the Youth 4 Change website to discover another 3 more videos which are based on the same concept, in which one of them has to do with us bloggers! Heh…I won’t tell you the whole story here; it will definitely kill the fun.


Go to their website and check it out! What I can say is….they’ve did a good job.


Too bad I’m never interested in joining stuffs. And this is definitely not an exception. I can only wish them luck and all the best from the comfort of my home.

Hmph.



No comments: