Sunday, January 11, 2009

w e e k e n d s


DISCLAIMER : This is a totally random post. Kindly ignore if you prefer logical or interesting reads, or you can always refer to my blogroll on the right. Thanks for dropping by.



Weekends.


2 non-working days.


The time I've waited, waited, & waited after 5 days' of work. Yes, I'm exaggerating, but the fact that working for 5 days & having 2 days' off still don't really get into my head....yet. Maybe the fact that my previous jobs always leave me with one single, weeny day off for every week. Guess I got abit 'too' used to '1-day-off-per-week' concept.


If it was the 'old' me, I will be jumping around in joy with the 2 days' off day for weekends. But now, I feel that weekends are merely 2 ordinary days when you don't have to report to work. Time flies, and before you even begin to enjoy your weekend & get your much awaited rest, it's already over and Monday hits you hard on the head with a 'BANG'! And then....Monday blues kicks in, and well, the week passes by real slowly. And I really mean it when I say slow. It's as if time crawls slower than both turtle & snail combined together. Weekends? It's just like Japanese bullet train. 'Whoosh' it goes, and before you even notice, it's over.


I know I might sound selfish in this post. Compared to other people who might have to work on Saturdays (and even Sundays' in the case of Sales Assistants or Helpdesk Support), I'm considered one of the lucky bunch. But I've been a Sales Assistant and Helpdesk Support myself previously, and comparing my previous job scopes' with my current one, I wonder, which is more worth it? Working like crazy until you don't even notice weekend's here, or working like crazy while praying weekend is here faster? Notice the words in bold, and tell me which one you prefer.

For me, I prefer the former, but my current job forces me to be with the latter.


Somebody save me, arghh.

1 comment:

Grace Koh said...

It has always been the latter for me.