Thursday, January 01, 2009

2 0 0 9


Happy New Year 2009, everyone.


You've seen the fireworks, experienced the crowd, feel the heat, counted down the countdown, and partied your heart out during New Year's Eve, every year. For me this year, no countdowns', no parties', no ugly crowds, just a few cans of beer at home is enough for me to bid 2008 goodbye.

One easy question.


What's next?



Yes, a very easy question, yet many find it difficult to answer this question. People began writing down & planning their New Year resolutions' before New Year, hoping that the beginning of this new year sparks off a new start to their lives. But did they really sit down and think hard, will the resolutions' ever work out? What's next on the list for this new year?

For me, I'm lost.


Totally lost.


And I feel the passiveness is taking me on.

Ever since I got back from Ipoh, ever since I noticed the change in myself, I feel that I love being alone, avoiding parties and places' with lots of people. I like places where there are less people, I like places which are peaceful & quiet; places as quiet as a library. I like to be in places where I don't need to think too much about how much I'll need to spend for this & that; instead I just spend with a carefree mood. I like to just turn off my phone for one single day, and spend the day off without hearing the phone ring.


But...


I feel that my wishes are kinda impossible, unless I opt for early retirement to Terengganu or some sort. And thinking of this when you just got yourself a decent job is bad. Real bad.

Currently sitting at home & enjoying the loneliness & silence as everyone went out for their much needed dose of window-shopping-at-shopping-complexes-with-the-crowd.

I guess I'm getting old real fast.


Time, please pass me by.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would still encourage you to go to grad school. Perhaps in Terengganu since you like this place so much.

You could find a relevant part-time job in KT. Or you could make some pocket money fixing computers. Or you could start a small business online if you have plans.

Whatever it is, I wish you every success in your future endeavours!

(hugs)

evelyn tea said...

Hey bro, reflecting through your previous posts throughout 2008 - it's only so obvious that you left your heart in KT.

Go back and get it Jian.

:)