Monday, November 05, 2007

c o n f u s i o n

It came out of nowhere.

It just....struck me like a flash of lightning.

Yes,I remembered.

It was...

....

...

.

It was the confusion that plagued me 5 years back, when I first entered Form 6.

And the main reason I incidentally found this unwanted confusion is because of my current job. My current job as a system application support is to provide phone support to my company's customers who have purchased software from us, and encountered problems along the way. Well, my job sounds simple, isn't it? Yeah, except that the main software that my company is selling is...accounting software, which I dread the most. Gosh.

Oh come on, let's be positive, I always tell myself. (although I always fail to become positive)

Ok, simply speaking, my job rocks; my company is a freaking small company with only 5 employees including myself and 3 of my bosses, which means I get to learn TONS of stuffs here. Besides that, everyone in my company treats me so well as if I'm some underaged kid. They didn't burden me with too much work and often talk to me with a tone so nice that you will never hear from a salesgirl after buying something expensive from a boutique. So, now you tell me "Oh, you have a godly job which you can't find anywhere else, so what the f*ck are you rambling about?" Hey man, listen on and stfu.

It's not about the job.

Nor my friendly colleague/bosses.

It's about me.

I'm the main problem.

Why? Because I tend to learn too slow (mind you : I'm learning about accounting software which I absolutely HATE) and as such, I do not put in much interest & effort in learning. So, tell me, how in the world can I provide support to other people when even me myself, have such a fragile foundation on basic accounting? Besides, most of our customers are 99% from accounting background, and some of them are even senior accountants. That's why I always pray to myself when I start work; "Please,no phone calls today..." Oh man, stop dreaming.

So, my confusion for the day is...

"Should I stay put to my job or just leave for another one?"

I just need some suggestions so that I won't go cuckoo until my parents have to call the Tanjung Rambutan van to come pick me up during 3am in the morning.

Haihz.

What am I talking about?

No one knows bout this blog.

No one knows about the revival of my blog.

Or even know that I blog.

Bah, no one cares. I hate marketing anyway. But still...

Yes, I see you, dai kah cher. Thanks for your endless support. Guess you're my only reader here.

I'm off to see another part of my life breaking off.

3 comments:

evelyn tea said...

Hey hey..!
Thanks for dropping by at my blog mainly becos i get to follow the link back to your's here.

read ur recent post... hmm.. sometimes, this is what we neccessarily face in our jobs - it is the freak of the system. But bear in mind that it is meant to shape and define us.

Every job on earth has its quirks, really. We just have to learn to be a better person out of it.

Everyone says that I am a blessed to get my current job.. indeed I am but sometimes I hate it so much because basically I dont get to engage myself wholly into the scientific aspect of it (more towards admin- OF ALL THINGS!) and I abhore that situation. But that doesnt mean that I give it all up as I know that one day what I am doing today is going to help me more than I ever think it could.

Everywhere we go is like a training ground for us. We just have to be keen in looking and searching for the opportunities that lies within it.

Aiya.. enough "loh soh" here de.

Granma Eve signing off for now.

:D

Anonymous said...

hey, friend....
I know it's not easy to work in IT field....
It's just the matter of time before you familiar with the system...
The choice is on your hand....
Gambateh...you can

Hazel Cheah said...

hello, jian goh..
suprise?!
I'm here to give you support de..
money is hard to earn..
Don't fed up..
I always ur hou junior..
keke..