Saturday, November 03, 2007

g o o d__f o o d

My pal & her bf looking through stuffs in Petaling Street


One of my close Friendster pal from Sabah came down to KL today with her bf & several friends for a 1 week vacation. She had already informed me of this trip beforehand, and (as expected),I was being 'appointed' the KL tour guide for them.

Well, this isn't a problem.

Nothing at all.

Until I realize that I'm not familiar with KL.

OMG.

Actually,the main purpose of her trip to KL this time (this is her 3rd time here) is to try out all good food around KL & Klang Valley. Also, she wanted to go on some crazy shopping spree from Sungei Wang to 1 Utama!

I definitely have no problem in bringing her to all shopping complexes around KL & PJ, but to find good food, ermmm....that's where the problem arises. Personally, I do not understand the definition of 'good food'. Some may think that good food means a food which is popular among your friends or is some crazy hit topic circulating around people. Well, I'm not in any side, so I guess I'll stay neutral on this.

Back to the topic on where to find good food, I can't think of much. The most I know is :

- Kim Gary (but they have franchaises everywhere!)
- Ipoh 'tauge' chicken (the closest to the original I've tasted is near Bukit Gasing)
- McD's?! (well,this is nonsense, coz they have franchaises everywhere as well!)
- Air mata kucing in Chinatown (is this considered a food?)
- William's Italian food near Mayang (a lil' expensive,though)
- Murni SS2 (one of the MOST expensive mamak I've ever went)
- Kayu (another over-priced mamak with GOV TAX! wtf! )
- Asia Cafe in Subang SS15 (err...is this considered a place with good food?)
- Ming Tien, Mayang (another 'sesated' place with good food)
- 'Cheapest-ever-Chicken-Chop' shop, Sungei Way (where in the world can u find a place with RM5 chicken chop?)
- SS2 Food Area a.k.a 'whai sik gai' in Cantonese (another old skool place with lots of food)
- Wanton mee near Chinatown (same row with Popular Book Store)
- Dim sum shop near Mayang, opposite Ming Tien (freaking expensive place to have a filling Chinese style breakfast)

I can only think of so much....for now.

Anyone care to add into my list?

Bah.

As if my blog has readers.

Haihz.

I'm off.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think the phrase "good food" is over-used and over-rated. Everybody has different taste, so whatever tastes good to you does not necessarily taste good to me :)