Sunday, November 11, 2007

p r o b l e m s

Problems.

Problems.

& more problems.

Yes, this is the term most people hate. And this term also defines the situation I face most often in my life. But yet...problems is also a challenge to drive yourself to work harder in order to solve it.

But....

What if the problem still persist even after you've tried your best to solve it?

I'm sure most people will use the following methods :
  • Talk with a friend.
  • Grab a box of tissue paper and cry in your room.
  • Go on some retail therapy or even food therapy (does this even exists? zzz..)
  • Start being sober, rant about life, and continue settling the problem yourself.

Ok,let me quickly go through all the above methods (although I'm sure you are curious what is the method that I use myself)

Talk with a friend - I guess this is the most preferred way to execute when you're really getting frustrated with the problem. Ok,let me get things straight to the point, your friends have their own problems to think of for themselves,they are like you and me,they have problems as well and yes,they do experience the same dillemma as you are now.So,what makes you think that they'll try their best to solve your problems when they don't even solve their own problems yet? This is exception if:

  1. He/She is your girlfriend/boyfriend/gay partner/lesbian partner.
  2. He/She is a close friend. (Notice I used the word 'close' and not 'best')
  3. He/She is a true friend.
  4. He/She is your secret admirer trying very hard to get your attention.
  5. He/She is a counselor.

Am I right in this matter? Someone just correct me in this if I've left some points or if you think that I'm a freaking misleading freak.

Grab a box of tissue paper and cry in your room. - No offense, but this usually happens to girls, especially emotional/emo ones, and also some 'soft' guys as well. Well, this does help (I'm not condeming this method,by the way) to release some tension and frustration you get from all the thinking, but come on, this is not going to help. God isn't gonna come down from heaven and help you to solve your problem, so get on to your feet and start doing something!

Go on some retail therapy or even food therapy. - Ok,I know that some of us do this as well,regardless of age,gender or economical status. It's good in the fact that alike the previous method, it works to release some tension and frustration you get from all the thinking. But still, there are some disadvantages you'll get from this method; for instance, in retail therapy, unless if your dad is the late Uncle Lim or Donald Trump, it'll definitely hurt your wallet....real bad. For food therapy,well,you know, obesity isn't a good thing.

Start being sober, rant about life, and continue settling the problem yourself. - I guess that most of you have already anticipated that I'll use this method myself, and yes, in fact, I use this method all the while since I encountered my first 'unsolvable' problem. Yes, this method is no difference with the original method of problem-solving,which is to solve the problem yourself. But.....try thinking from the other way round, by using this method, you wouldn't need to :

  1. Trouble your friends.
  2. Waste tissue paper.
  3. Getting obese or waste valuable cash.

My conclusion is....

Whenever you face a problem which seems unsolvable, settle it yourself !

End of story.

Gosh, I'm not feeling well now and the thought of working tomorrow severely lowers my morale.

Life sucks.

I'm off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW.. I never knew that you were this humourous! :)

Cheer up!